Personal Licence Holders (APLH) (Level 2)
The objective of this qualification is to allow an individual to meet a requirement set by law to undertake a specific role. Learners gaining this qualification will understand the main requirements of the Licensing Act 2003, the importance of promoting the licensing objectives and the legal responsibilities of a personal licence holder.
The Personal Licence Level 2 course covers the following modules:
- Know the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- Understand the legal duties of a personal licence holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the law in relation to premises licences
- Know the role and legal responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licenced premises
- Know the law in relation to the protection of children on licenced premises
- Understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licenced premises
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
Who is this course for?
The qualification is designed for those learners working in, or preparing to work in, any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. It is a prerequisite for anyone who wishes to hold a personal licence. Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licenced premises must hold a personal licence.
How is this Course Assessed?
This course is assessed through written a 40 Question Multiple choice Exam.
What do I need to do after completing the course?
Once you have passed the course, you will need to apply to the council (where you live and pay their fee) with a completed DBS (criminal record check, no more than 28 days old), 2 passport photos which are endorsed and the relevant council application form. If you would like us to complete the DBS and application process on your behalf, please select book now and Select Personal Licence (APLH) with Application.
Course cost and duration
The course is held over 1 day and is available from £100 + VAT per person, depending on location. The cost for the course with application is £200 + VAT. If anyone should fail, a free resit will be offered. The cost includes exams and all course materials
If interested please contact us by the number at the top of the page or book via book now page.
|Start Date||End Date||Category||Location||Cost||Positions Available||Register|
|06-Nov-2020 09:00||06-Nov-2020 17:00||Personal Licence (APLH)||Oxford||120.00||6||Click here|
|11-Dec-2020 09:00||11-Dec-2020 17:00||Personal Licence (APLH)||Oxford||120.00||6||Click here|