Paediatric First Aid (Level 3)
Learners gaining this qualification will know that first aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. Topics within this course are regarded by the Early Years Foundation Stage as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health of infants and children who are under the care of trained personnel.
This qualification meets the requirements for Paediatric First Aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage. The qualification is valid for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
The Paediatric First aid course covers the following modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with a suspected fracture
- Be able to administer first aid to an infant and a child with head, neck or back injury
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with burns or scalds
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
Who is this course for?
The objective of this qualification is to support learners wishing to become a paediatric first aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in industry.
How is this Course Assessed?
This course is assessed through written and practical assessment.
Course cost and duration
The course is held over 2 days and is available from £120 + VAT per person, depending on location.
*Additional charges may be incurred dependant on location and additional resources required.
Group bookings, discounts and additional courses can be provided in your area upon request, please contact us for further information and to confirm a place on the course.
If interested please contact us by the number at the top of the page or book via book now page.
There are currently no upcoming events in this category. If you would like us to create an event in this category, please contact us using the contact form on the menu bar.