First Aid at Work (Level 3)
Learners gaining this qualification will know that first aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. Topics within this course are regarded by the Early Years Foundation Stage as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health of infants and children who are under the care of trained personnel.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
The First aid at Work course covers the following modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child who has been poisoned
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis
- Complete a Secondary Survey
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injury
- Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid to a casualty with major illness
Who is this course for?
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
How is this Course Assessed?
This course is assessed through written and practical assessment.
Course cost and duration
The course is held over 3 days and is available from £200 + VAT per person. The cost includes exams and all course materials. If anyone should fail a free resit will be offered.
*Additional charges may be incurred dependant on location and additional resources required.
If interested please contact us by the number at the top of the page or book via book now page.
Progression and further learning routes could include:
|Start Date||End Date||Category||Location||Cost||Positions Available||Register|
|05-Oct-2021 09:00||07-Oct-2021 17:00||First Aid at Work Level 3||Oxford||240.00||5||Click here|
|08-Nov-2021 09:00||10-Nov-2021 17:00||First Aid at Work Level 3||Oxford||240.00||5||Click here|