Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Learners will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first-aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation, such as a child or an infant who is unresponsive, has an airway obstruction, has breathing difficulties or is suffering from shock.
This qualification meets the requirements for Paediatric First Aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage. The qualification is valid for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
The Paediatric First aid course covers the following modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid.
How is this Course Assessed?
This course is assessed through written and practical assessment.
Course cost and duration
The course is held over 1 days and is available from £80 + VAT per person, depending on location.
*Additional charges may be incurred dependant on location and additional resources required.
Group bookings, discounts and additional courses can be provided in your area upon request, please contact us for further information and to confirm a place on the course.
If interested please contact us by the number at the top of the page or book via book now page.
There are currently no upcoming events in this category. If you would like us to create an event in this category, please contact us using the contact form on the menu bar.