Emergency First Aid at Work (Level 3)
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place emergency first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
The Emergency First aid course covers the following modules:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid for an casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Who is this course for?
This qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
How is this Course Assessed?
This course is assessed through written and practical assessment.
Course cost and duration
The course is held over 1 days and is available from £80 + VAT per person.
The cost includes exams and all course materials. If anyone should fail a free resit will be offered.
*Additional charges may be incurred dependant on location and additional resources required.
Group bookings, discounts and additional courses can be provided in your area upon request, please contact us for further information and to confirm a place on the course.
If interested please contact us by the number at the top of the page or book via book now page.
Progression and further learning routes could include:
|Start Date||End Date||Category||Location||Cost||Positions Available||Register|
|08-Feb-2021 09:00||08-Feb-2021 17:00||Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3||Oxford||96.00||6||Click here|